Friday, June 4, 2010

The Joy of Helping

The Abundant Harvest and Dolly Donations drive officially ended as the orphans in Haiti received the bountiful boxes of dolls made especially for them. You can see the pictures from this sweet event.

I don't cry easily, but these pictures made me do so. Especially seeing one of my dolls in the pictures. The sweet little faces of children both delighted and overwhelmed by emotion just made me cry.

Such a small thing that I did, that any of us did ... We made dolls. But the doll was packed with love ... and the love reached children and hugged them. We love you. We're praying for you. We care, sweeties.

Thanks, Sarah, and Abundant Harvest for organizing this and seeing it through ...

2 comments:

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

It's my pleasure! Thank you for for taking part in the Dolly Drive!

Take care and Happy Sewing!

Sarah
Dolly Donations: Sending Love 1 Dolly at a Time!

Paper Dali said...

Thanks, Sarah.

We're in the midst of a move now, but I've already have packed and labeled the bin with the boyish fabrics and templates to sew some dolls once we get settled in. Happy about the November deadline! : )

Creative Commons License ... and please do NOT offer my works as downloads from your site.