Saturday, May 29, 2010

Marian ATC Swap: Vee's Edition

(I finished up the last card for the Marian ATC swap and am dropping these all in the mail today, juuuuuust making the postmarked deadline. Phew!)

Below are my contribution to the Marian ATC Swap. If you receive them, please know they were not drawn by a child. It's a grown-up's drawing ... a grown-up who draws like a happy child and enjoys doing so!





 (This was the first card I made, which was on canvas ATC material. Painting it was rather fun, but unfortunately, due to myriad events at Clubhouse Dali, I couldn't paint the remainder cards. Pressed for time, I turned to my beloved colored pencils.)






6 comments:

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

I love these! I wasn't able to "paint" mine either, so I turned to my trusty watercolor pencils ;-) I just colored them from my couch sitting beside my baby. I love your drawings- and I love how you compared them to that of a child. Children draw with true freedom, not worried about what others think. We just mailed ours yesterday- hope they get there in time!

Paper Dali said...

Lacy:

Thanks. I had fun painting the one, though the picture had to be scanned, so it doesn't show all the the texture.

I think that's how I draw now ... from joy and the desire to draw ... not bogged down by expectations of others. It's been very freeing.

I do hope I get one of yours! ♥

Vanessa said...

I don't think they look childish, more like folk art. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Those are great! Love them!

Gardenia said...

beautiful!

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

I wanted to come back and see these again today- it took awhile to find them! You should either link all these up at Kimberlee's or link them to your new atc post so everyone can see them! :-)

Creative Commons License ... and please do NOT offer my works as downloads from your site.