Then I came up with this:
These metal garden stakes were perfect for presenting a Station, and we've been able to tote them to different parks, have the children set them up by sticking them into the ground, and then ... praying!
- pictures for each station (I downloaded the free set from The Bookworm, a longtime favorite blogger of mine.)
- sticky back foam sheets
- popsicle sticks
- metal garden markers (You can get these from your local garden-supply shop.)
These may be obvious, but there's no harm in explaining it, right?
- Print and cut the Stations.
- Cut the sticky foam sheet in half.
- Glue a Station to one half of the sticky foam sheet.
- Lay one cut piece of the sticky foam sheet underneath the garden marker.
- Place the other half on top of it. This puts the two parts together, one with the picture, one without. And it seals it in nicely, so the Station plate doesn't slide around.
- Make a cross with the popsicle sticks.
- Glue the cross to the top.
For more ideas on celebrating Lent, visit the great blogs at Catholic Icing's Lent Link Up.