Monday, January 11, 2010

Daybook for Jan. 11, 2010



Outside my window... men climb a roof while the sky breaks into color behind them. (Our neighbor is having her roof repaired.)

I am thinking... that if you have a lot of plates spinning in your life, you might have one fall and break, but you've got to be grateful for the ones that are still spinning.

I am thankful for... children who enjoy being children.

I am wearing... blue running pants and a blue sweater. I am the smurfiest!

I am remembering... that I used to ditch school on cool, blue-skied mornings like this and how wonderful it'd be to ditch work and just escape to the movies and have a slice of pizza like back then.

I am going... to have a busy day of work, do some freelancing, continue sketching some ideas for an exciting new project ... oh, I'll just not post about that until it's for sure. And it's nice to build suspense, right?

I am currently reading...marketing materials for my full-time job.

I am hoping... that I can make exercise a priority in my life. The treadmill is ready for this wannabe runner. But I need to be consistent with my exercise. Right now, it's more like "This is a very special episode of Vee's life. Here's where she does some exercise." It's that rare.

On my mind... Greek mythologies.

Noticing that... the older kids are stretching upward at an alarming rate. They are growing so quickly, and I have such a short amount of time with these people before they are on their own. There is so much to do together still!

Pondering these words... "If you embrace all things in this life as coming from the hands of God, and even embrace death to fulfill His holy will, assuredly you will die a saint." (St. Alphonsus Liguori) I've had some major setbacks in, oh, everything lately, and it's good for me to ponder those words.

From the kitchen... the happy chirps of the four-year-old as his nine-year-old sister gets them bowls of cereal. (Wait. Why I am I not hearing the coffee-maker? Must. Go. Brew.)

Around the house... everything is shiny and clean from our hard work for the landlady's house inspection. The heater is humming. Books about Ancient Greece are piled up in our reading basket. Husband and two boys are still deeply asleep.

One of my favorite things ... crossing off items on my checklist. Because I'm cool like that.


Read more daybooks and learn about the Daybook here.

No comments:

Creative Commons License ... and please do NOT offer my works as downloads from your site.