Monday, October 5, 2009

Random Doodle: Kid in a Red Bear Suit


I recently saw a preview for the movie based on "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak. The book is a family favorite. It has a mischievous boy, adventure, wild things, boy power, a wild rumpus, and the sea. What's not to like? And the line "Please don't go! We'll eat you up, we love you so" is embedded into this family's vernacular.

The movie, I am sure, will pale in comparison to the book.

Sendak's book must be on my mind because, on a whim, I doodled a little kid in bear suit. No, it's not even close to the loveliness and impishness of Max. This child is much more full of shyness, but just wanted to say goodnight.

Now, off to bed with you, little one.

No comments:

Creative Commons License ... and please do NOT offer my works as downloads from your site.